Wednesday 18 March 2015

Prove It Writing ( Oaklly's Walk )

Prove It Writing
Oaklly's Walk

"Mmmmmm"I groan.

I wake up to my nana's phone ringing. I start to growl to wake her up. I hear her get out of bed and start to walk towards my cage.

"Come on puppy" she yawns.
"Outside".

She opens the door of my cage and I run out and into the door.

Slam!

I didn't put my brakes on fast enough. My nana giggles then slides open the door for me to go through this time.

Once I'm outside I sniff around looking for something to do.

After a while I'm fast asleep in the sun outside. Then I hear.

"Oaklly, come on puppy".

It sounds like my mum. I quickly race to the back door.

Outside the sky is now pale blue and the sun is brightening the day with a yellow tinge of sparkle. I see a flock of birds fly in a triangular shape past the sky above me. I want to chase them but I can just resist the temptation.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Mum asks.

"Woof" I reply.

"Well come on then".

She leads me inside. Then she grabs my harness and I put my head through a hole and my paws through another. She tightens it up and we walk past the car toward the garage door.

Then it slowly starts to open. I get all jumpy and excited!

We carefully walk past the sprinkler so we don't get wet. Then we start our day of adventure.

We walk down the windy path toward the end of the walkway. I see bees circling a daffodil fighting for a place.

Up ahead I see Bella, my friend. She is a pomeranian foxy with a golden ginger coat. Her tiny little ears prick up when she sees me, my ears don’t do that because mine are all floppy. I can see her race toward me, she doesn’t have a lead because she doesn’t run off like I do. She is about half the size of me and she is trying to get on top of my back.

My mum drags me away from her and her owner calls her. So I have to carry on with my walk.

I turn around and my mum has dropped the lead, I run for it, I feel so excited and free. Then I stop and turn around she’s not coming and chasing after me she is just standing there. I see her lips close so much they form the small shape of a circle. She whistles as her hand reaches into her pocket. Treats! I race toward her like I am chasing a bunny. I skid to stop myself from running into her, then I sit. She throws a treat in the air and I jump and catch it in my mouth.

Delicious!

We continue on our walk and soon I see our house ahead. I catch sight of a creature jumping over a fence and across the driveway to another fence. I drag my mum toward the house.

My mum lets me outside and I hunt for the creature. I think she's a cat and I'm pretty sure mum and nana call her Roxy. I finally spot her around the back of the house behind the recycling bin. She leaps  through the hole in the gate and I jump to catch her, with a huge miss.

“Ugh” I sigh.

I'm going for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment