Friday 29 July 2016

Excellence Evidence: Deputy Head Girl 10

Today I got asked to help out at winter sport. Winter sport is where the year 5/6's go every Friday to play there chosen sport eg. hockey, netball, football and rugby. I was asked to coach the "A" Hockey Team, another girl was asked to referee the game. We left to go to Nunweek Park at 12:15ish and while on the bus the other girl and I discussed who we would put on first half and second. 

Once we got off the bus we went to the turf that we were playing and got ready. We made sure the kids had there mouth guards and shin pads then got them to start practicing. It was freezing outside so I kept reminding them to keep their jackets/jerseys on and stay warm. We then all ate some lunch and had a team huddle. The first people on got on the turf and got into there positions. 

Then we started, it was awesome watching them play everyone was really into it and was having lots of fun. I switched everyone around so everyone had a fair chance at playing the positions they wanted to play. In the end we won 4-1. We got to choose a player of the day so we chose a girl that worked hard even though she was really tired. 

After that my mum picked me up from Nunweek Park.

The care value I showed was Community because I helped out the team even though I didn't have to. 

I showed leadership by taking charge of the team and making sure everyone was alright. 


No comments:

Post a Comment