Sunday 3 July 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 9

Yesterday I had Kapa Haka. When I arrived I went to my line and got ready to start. First we went through all of the songs to warm us up. We then went onto the stage and practiced our school song.

After that we went to our positions in Halleujah which weren't on the stage they were in the middle of the hall. After we did Halleujah we waited for the command to move to the next song, which is the Māori word 'neke.' We then all moved to our next positions, which were the ones for Tuhurihuri. Mr Broen didn't want any of the year eight girls doing poi, (I don't know why.) so we all just shadowed. The actions for Tuhurihuri are the year eight girls do long poi while all of the other girls used the short poi or the small rakau sticks. The senior boys used these long sticks (I'm not sure what they are called) and the other boys did the actions. Everyone was doing the correct actions and no one was doing it wrong. 

Then we transitioned to the next song which was the school song and went through that a few times. After that we left for morning tea. 

The care value I showed was respect because I listened respectfully to the teachers and my peers.

I showed leadership by listening respectfully to Matua, Mr Brown and Mrs Baker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment