- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
The correct way to do something.
A welcoming ceremony.
People of the Marae.
The vistors to the Marae.
Your rights and obligations.
Respecting your peers.
Love and care.
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.