Sunday 17 April 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 1

Today I had Kapa Haka, I am now in the performance group. We started practicing the school song. We had to do it over and over until everyone knew all of the actions. We had to go through them without the song a few times because some people forgot a few different actions. 

After that we practiced Hallelujah, there are not many actions in Hallelujah. At the start only four people are singing, then about midway through the song all of the girls come in. Then at the last part the boys come in. Then we sing the song again. While we are singing the song we all walk forward up to the four people who sang at the start, so we are all singing together. 

After that Kapa Haka finished but Mr Brown let the year eight girls stay and practice long poi. It was really hard at first, but then I kept trying and got the hang of it. I was able to show a few people how to do it. It was really fun because we were all teaching each other how to achieve different techniques. I'm still learning but with enough practice I hope I'll be able do it.

The leaner quality I showed was resilience because even when the long poi was really hard, I kept going and didn't give up.

I showed leadership by helping others when they were stuck learning long poi.

No comments:

Post a Comment