Sunday 15 May 2016

Excellence Evidence: Cross Country 3

On Thursday the Kauri team had there yearly cross country at Halswell Domain. When the bell rang we did the Whanau Hui as usual. Then we had about half an hour to do some SML. (Self Managed Learning) After that we packed up, got our stuff and lined up. The seniors were last in the line so we arrived last. When we were crossing Halswell Road there was a police officer to help us cross safely.

 When we got down to the domain we had something quick to eat and then we walked the track so we knew where to run. We didn't walk all of it because it was very long. The year 7/8 races were first because the touch team had a tournament and they had to leave at 12pm. We had to do 2 laps of the course. The year eight girls went after all of the year sevens left. After my race I was exhausted. I came eighth. We got to sit down and relax for a bit and then we went over to play a game chosen by the house captains. The game was capture the flag. I am very proud of myself for coming eighth.

The leaner quality I showed was resilience because when I was exhausted in my race I carried on and didn't give up. 

I showed leadership by listening to the teachers and doing what they asked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment