Friday 6 May 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 2

Today I had Kapa Haka. First we had to take off our shoes. (like every time we have Kapa Haka) Then we got in our lines ready to start practising. First we did the school song a few times so we could remember the actions and words after the holidays.

After that we got in our lines for Hallelujah and practised that. First four people start singing, then the girls come in, and then the boys. At the start of the second time singing it we slowly walk forward. (in time) We had to go through that heaps of times because a few people were walking out of time or singing the wrong words. They chose a few people to sing the background bit, but they weren't really in time, hopefully they'll learn.

Once we finished everyone left, except the year eight girls, so we could practise long poi. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. My friends and I tryed to help each other learn how to use it. There are two different things that we have to learn, one of them is kind of like swinging them side to side. The other one is over your head. 

Once the bell rang we put the poi away and went back to class.

The leaner quality I showed was resilience because even though I still don't know how to use the poi properly I didn't give up and kept trying. 

I showed leadership by trying to help my friends learn poi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment