Friday 13 May 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 4

Today I had Kapa Haka, I am in the performance group. We started practicing the school song. We had to do it over and over until everyone was doing the actions right. 

After that we practiced Hallelujah, there are not many actions in Hallelujah. At the start only four people are singing, then about midway through the song all of the girls come in. Then at the last part the boys come in. Then we sing the song again. While we are singing the first part we all walk forward up to the four people who sang at the start, so we are all singing and standing together. 

After that Mr Brown said that the year eight girls could practice long poi while all of the other girls used the short poi or the rakau sticks. It was really hard at first, but then I kept trying and got the hang of it. I was able to show a few people how to do it. It was really fun because we were all teaching each other how to achieve different techniques. I'm still learning but with enough practice I hope I'll be able do it. I can kinda do the side to side one but after a while the poi will hit me in the face. 

We stayed in till the end of morning tea. 

The leaner quality I showed was resilience because even when the long poi was really hard, I kept going and didn't give up.

I showed leadership by helping others when they were stuck learning how to achieve the different techniques in long poi.

No comments:

Post a Comment