Wednesday 23 March 2016

Merit Evidence: Run Bike Run

Last Monday we had Run Bike Run. We left at ten-thirty so we could do Whanau Hui and get ready for the event. I'm in Rata house so I dressed up in a red/orange sports t-shirt. Then we walked to Halswell Domain because that was where Run Bike Run was held. Once we got there everybody sat down and had something to eat.

Then they started doing races, while each year group was running another year group was playing a game with the house captains. The year seven and eights played a game while the year sixes ran.

After our game of dodgeball it was our time to run. I was in a group with one other person, she did the biking part while I did the running ones. I was really nervous but once I'd started I pushed myself to the end. Then she did her biking part and then I was running again, once I'd finished I think we came about tenth place, which I thought was pretty good considering last year it was about 20th. 

After our race we did the award ceremony then walked back to school, where we still had about an hour to go before we went home. 

The learner quality I used was resilience because when I was nervous and tired I didn't give up because I knew my teammate was counting on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment