Wednesday 22 June 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 8

On Friday I had Kapa Haka, I am in the performance group. I used to be in the apprentice group, the apprentice group is where you just learn the songs; not the actions and don't perform. Me Brown and Mrs Baker weren't there so it was just Matua leading Kapa Haka, about ten minutes into it Mrs Baker arrived to help. First we practiced Hallelujah, but when we walked forward, some of the boys weren't doing it properly so we kept doing that over and over and over until they got but right. 

After that the year eight girls practiced long poi while all of the other girls used the short poi or the rakau sticks. The year eight boys used these long sticks (I'm not sure what they are called) and the other boys did the actions. It was really hard at first, but then I kept trying and got the hang of it. I was able to show a few people how to do it. It was really fun because we were all teaching each other how to do different things. I can pretty much do the main two that we have to learn and can partly do the one that we may put into the actions. 

The leaner quality I showed was communicate because I listened to Matua when he was teaching/showing us the actions. 

I showed leadership by teaching my friends how to do long poi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment