Sunday 26 June 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 10

Yesterday I had Kapa Haka, I arrived a bit late because I had something else on but I didn't miss anything. When I walked in everyone was in the positions we would be in on the night eg. boys on the stage and girls in front of them. I quickly went to my position which was two people to my left from the middle. First we did the school song with the old actions so the boys didn't walk through the middle and the girls didn't step aside. 

After that we went to our positions in Halleujah which weren't on the stage they were in the middle of the hall. After we did Halleujah we waited for the command to move to the next song, which was 'neke.' We then all moved to our next positions, which were the ones for Tuhurihuri. I didn't have my poi so while everyone else was doing the actions with there poi I shadowed and pretended that I had my poi with me. The actions for Tuhurihuri are the year eight girls do long poi while all of the other girls used the short poi or the small rakau sticks. The senior boys used these long sticks (I'm not sure what they are called) and the other boys did the actions.

Then we transitioned to the next song which was the school and went through that a few times. After that we left for morning tea. 

The learner quality I showed was communicate because I communicated respectfully with the teachers and my peers.

I showed leadership by listening respectfully to Matua, Mr Brown and Mrs Baker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment