Thursday 9 June 2016

Excellence Evidence: Kapa Haka 5

Today I had Kapa Haka, first we all lined up and went through a few songs. Like the school song. 

Then Mr Brown said that we were going to focus on the transitions between the different songs. The first song we do is Hallelujah, then we do Tuhurihuri and then we did the school song. We practiced each transition lots of times during those songs. 

Then all of the different groups went away and practices there part e.g poi, rakau. I'm doing the long poi so all of the other girls doing long poi and I went outside and practiced. We decided that we would change at every part. We had already decided what actions we would change to. I volunteered to help the people who hadn't learnt the actions yet.  

We then came inside and went through the whole song with no stops or interruptions by the teachers. Now the only thing we need to practice is getting on and off the stage.

The leaner quality I showed was communicate because I communicated with the girls to come up with the actions. 

I showed leadership by stepping up and helping the people that were stuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment