Friday 16 September 2016

Distinction Evidence: Kapa Haka 7

The other day I had Kapa Haka.  One of the the songs we are learning is called Tenei Matou, it's one of the old songs that Oaklands performed in 2014. Another song is Ka Waita.

We started by going over Ka Waita a few times so we could get our volume up. Then Mr Brown moved all of the seniors to the front and the younger kids and to the back. Then we tried singing Ka Waita with the years fours singing the first verse and then the seniors come in for the last verse. 

Then we went onto Tenei Matou we went over the actions. We went over them heaps of times to make sure everyone knew them.  But I think we should've spent more time on the song than the actions because I still don't fully know the song. Then we sang Tenei Matou faster than usual and I thought it was really fun. (And they put the lyrics on screen.)

I really hope that the if we do any other actions to other songs they will be as fun as Tenei Matou

The care value I showed was community by listening to the speaker. 
I showed leadership by listening to the teachers when the were showing us the actions. 
I was a role model by not talking while the teachers were talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment