Friday 2 September 2016

Distinction Evidence: Kapa Haka 5

On Tuesday night, there was the Canterbury Cultural Festival for 2016. Oaklands School was performing in this Cultural Festival, which was very exciting. 

I got there at 6:00 and went to the meeting place that the teachers set for us. It was so cool to see everyone in there costumes. All of the girl wore headbands and the year eight girls (that had there ears pierced) wore feather earrings as well. 

We went inside and sat down in our seats, we watched all of the performances because we were last, then we left our seats and went backstage. It was really cool to go backstage. We lined up in the lines that we would go in on stage, walked up on stage. I was really nervous at first but then once we started I wasn't. The first song was Hareruia, then we sang Tuhurihuri, where I do long poi, then our school song, Taitupu. 

After that everyone moved to one side and we sang He Honore with another school. And that was the end of the Cultural Festival, a really fun song came on while people were leaving and we all started dancing on stage, it was really fun.

This is a link to the video of our performance: https://youtu.be/lv02Tadm7DY

The care value I showed was Community because I have a performance for the community to enjoy. 
I showed leadership by not taking during the performance or other people's performances. 
I was a role model by respecting the teacher when they were trying to get us in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment