Friday 28 August 2015

Maths- Use graphs, tables, and rules to describe linear relationships found in number and spatial patterns.

WALT use graphs, tables, and rules to describe linear relationships found in number and spatial patterns.

Task:
Tina and Tom were twins. Tina saves and Tom spends. Tom found a $20 note on Sunday evening and spent $2 a day starting on Monday. Coincidentally, Tina started work that Monday and gets $2.50 a day. How long would it be before Tina has more money than Tom?

This is how I worked it out:


I think that the answer is five days, because as you can see on my table I have circled Friday, which is when Tina first had more money than Tom. To form my answer, I drew up a table with the days of the week and the twin's names. After that I counted up in $2.50 on Tina's row and then counted down by $2 on Tom's row. After that I had to find which was the first day Tina had more money than Tom, which was Friday. So that's how I got my answer, five days. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 1.11.24 pm.png

This is the SOLO Matrix I had. I think that I am at Extended Abstract. My next step is to check my Algebra test and check what I have to learn next.






No comments:

Post a Comment